Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

stop:OXOOOOOO7A

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
i download it but i couldnt save due to restrictions on computer ................but its there and says run or dont run guess ill run it

may be you break this down to step by step ok ill be back in 1 hour

Hello Edward,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Online Customer Service.

Microsoft provides hotfix at free of cost to the customers. These hotfixes are specific to issues and platform. As per your request, I have uploaded the English version of the hotfix package discussed in KB: 831648 to a Microsoft FTP Web site:
http//hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Systems%20Management%20Server%202003/nosp/SMS2003_RTM_KB831648_X86_ENU/02.50.2726.0104/free/159850_ENU_i386_zip.exe

Please take note of the following information:

1. Hotfixes are not regression tested. They should not be deployed in a production environment without prior testing.
2. The system receiving the hotfix should be fully backed up before installing the hotfix.
3. If the hotfix does not resolve your issue, and you would like assistance troubleshooting, we will need to determine what support you have available and set up a support case.
=======================================================
CASE_ID_NUM: SRX060518600034

The hot fix for your issue has been packaged and placed on an HTTP site for you to download.

WARNING: This fix is not publicly available through the Microsoft website as it has not gone through full Microsoft regression testing. If you would like confirmation that this fix is designed to address your specific problem, or if you would like to confirm whether there are any special compatibility or installation issues associated with this fix, you are encouraged to speak to a Support Professional in Product Support Services.

The package is password protected so be sure to enter the appropriate password for each package. To ensure the right password is provided cut and paste the password from this mail.

NOTE: Passwords expire every 7 days so download the package within that period to insure you can extract the files. If you receive two passwords it means you are receiving the fix during a password change cycle. Use the second password if you download after the indicated password change date.

Package:
-----------------------------------------------------------
KB Article Number(s): 831648
Language: English
Platform: i386
Location: (http//hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Systems%20Management%20Server%202003/nosp/SMS2003_RTM_KB831648_X86_ENU/02.50.2726.0104/free/159850_ENU_i386_zip.exe)
Password: IKnvgTep$

NOTE: Be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when navigating to this hot fix location!

Thanks!
=======================================================
The case number for your issue regarding the hotfix is: SRX060518600034

Edward, Microsoft offers no-charge support for issues related to download or installation of Hotfixes. I hope the above information is helpful. Please let us know if I have completely addressed your issue. We will appreciate your time if you provide us with the feedback of the support being provided.

If you have any issues after installation of hotfix in your computer, I suggest you work with our Support Professional. For getting assistance from our Support Professional, please provide the following information:

- Product Identification Number (PID) of Windows:

To locate the 20-digit PID, please use one of the following steps:

1. Right-click the My Computer icon and then click Properties.
2. Click Start, click My Computer, and then select View System Information. The PID will appear under "Registered To" in the General tab of System Properties.

Once I have the PID, I will be able to provide the support options available for your product.

If your software was pre-installed on your computer or the PID says OEM in it, then the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) is your best resource for support (including replacement disks and manuals). For a list of OEM phone numbers, please go to:
http://support.micro...;en-us;oemphone

Edward, we appreciate your patience and look forward to your reply with the above information.

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services.

Himadri
Microsoft Online Customer Service Representative

If you have any feedback about your Online Customer Service experience, please e-mail my manager, Biji Balan, at [email protected]

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you backed up the data?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
if backing up data means backing up registry then thats what i did earlier

but if i have to back up hot fix i got to find it

im not at my computer right now but i will be soon

how do i find the installed hot fix

there was only one password or did i miss something was there two downloads or one

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
One, with a password and downloaded to the machine you need it on

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok did that now how do i locate it so i can use it

or was that automatically done

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you clicked run it will have installed unless there was a problem

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
well icant find it im at my own computer now wondering if i should redownload it

i thought mybe it would go to desk top or something or even a special folder

check addn remove programs for it

nothing .........it said install was a success

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok i found it but it doesnt want to install here pop-up report

Microsoft Update KB831648 for SMS 2003

Installation Aborted

Either this SMS serverdoes not reqyire this update,
this is an unrecognized SMS system.

Examine the knowlegdeBase article for this update.

Then determine whether the system functions in a SMS server role that requires this update.

______________________________________________________________________________________

heres something else i came accross

Used in connection with memory dumps - you can disable these by - right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button in 'Startup and Recovery'. In the bottom pane - under 'Write debugging information' - click on the down arrow and then select 'None' - OK your way out

what do you think think its possible

because i went to prefetch found this

DUMPREP>EXE-1B46F901.pf ----------------------------- 83kb--- PF File ---------- 17/05/2006 10:01 PM

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Go back to Microsoft and ask why it won't install

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I Sent microsoft the same message i posted but asked for help and a explaination.

just have to wait

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS.

Used in connection with memory dumps - you can disable these by - right clicking on My Computer, selecting Properties and then the Advanced tab. Click on the Settings button in 'Startup and Recovery'. In the bottom pane - under 'Write debugging information' - click on the down arrow and then select 'None' - OK your way out

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can do that or wait for the hotfix

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
im trying all options but i think im gonna create a restore point alot has happen since all the trouble shooting began

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
they forward my case to a support representative.

i should hear from him in 24 hours

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
OK

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
DWWIN.EXE-30875ADC.pf 12:43AM

DUMPREP.EXE-1B46F901.pf 12:43AM

THE EVENT VIEWER SHOWS THE TIME OF OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED THERE ID IS 1001 1002