Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

stop:OXOOOOOO7A

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is there anything particular you use it for

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
does windows pro xp service pack 1a have virtual machine

when i play games in yahool it enables them to play it enables advertisements to move also i play at playaholics .com which is just anther game room. i should say yes its there when its called for just wondering if i would still be able to do those things with windows pro xp sp1a

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will be installing all the updates to take it back to SP2 after the repair

You can add Java VM

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
meaning services pack sp2 will be automatically removed right. and all current updates will need to be downloaded again. but what about drivers does win.pro xp sp1a recognized them. once i start the installation if there any errors can i go back or is there a point of no return.????????????

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The repair is for XP only, apart from XP updates, anything else you installed stays

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
[attachment=7994:attachment]I resolved My windows installer problem... :D .........Before i was going to do the installation repair.... :help: ......I thought i would look over computer again just to be sure that i might of missed something.>> :) >Well in my list of programs.....it showed that i had only one windows installer. When there was really two :D .guess these were in conflict with each other and coruppted the file. so i went to add and remove programs uninstall windows installer then made an attempt to download software and voila it worked. windows installer must of over lapped each other showing only one but we found the other one by accessing ibm in computer :) . we wanted to see alist of programs cause. we never been that site before.sure enough thats where the windows installer showed up.so everything great youopened eyes to anew way taking a closer look at computers repairs :whistling: :blink: :)

Thanks Kieth .....................Im Edward

When i say WE shes my partner.she never doubted you and i she supported me throughuot it all.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The information about the installer is useful, good that things are better now

Thank You for letting me know

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
can you or antone help me with norton problem

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What is the problem with Norton?

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
The thing is that i have too much of it. Right now im using norton internet security which is fine and norton antivirus which is fine. Also i have norton system works which i use alot. But i also have norton corporate edition 2003 which i dont use its never been updated. I tried to unistall it but it clings on really good. It was downloaded by someone else. At the time we thought it was a good idea. The download was free. While everyone else paid for thiers. Who ever downloaded this space taker also had it scheduled for something else. I know norton (symantec) have a removal tool but its difficult to find. They have a very complex website and im seaching from dial-up.@28 .8 kps. But iwondering if geeks to go have any ideas or ways to deal with this.Uninstalling is not a simple task. Its seems like its partially uninstalled but not completely. I just want to get rid of it so i can have more disk space.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here, click run it now

http://service1.syma...=&osv=&osv_lvl=

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Thanks for the link. Going run later on this evening.

Maybe we should close this one..............stop:OXOOOOOO7A........Annd use other post i put up NORTON REMOVAL post.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The posts stay open, it's easier for people to search for them

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I cant get past the security settings in my computer. I lower firewall in norton and I lowered firewall in windows firewall. i put security settings at default in my internet options but norton keeps getting mesage from my computer..............any ideas .................better yet how bout a solution.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Please wait...
checking Controls
We cannot run the AutoFix Tool on your computer without ActiveX controls.
The AutoFix Tool requires ActiveX controls. If ActiveX files cannot be installed or are not allowed to run on your computer, the AutoFix Tool will not work.

Please choose your situation below:
I was asked to install ActiveX files and chose not to Run the AutoFix Tool again.
When asked to install, click Yes or Install.

I was not asked to install ActiveX files On the menu bar above, click Tools > Internet Options.
On the Security tab, click Default Level, then OK.
Then run the AutoFix Tool again.

More information on the safety of Symantec's programs
How Symantec protects your privacy

We cannot run the AutoFix Tool on your computer without ActiveX controls.
The AutoFix Tool requires ActiveX controls. If ActiveX files cannot be installed or are not allowed to run on your computer, the AutoFix Tool will not work.

Check the top of this window under the address bar to see if there is a yellow bar with a message on it.

Choose the situation below that best describes what you see.
I see a message that says, "This site might require the following ActiveX control..." Click the yellow bar with the message and then click Install ActiveX control.
When a small box appears, click Install.

I see a message that says, "Your security settings do not allow Web sites to use ActiveX controls..." At the menu bar above, click Tools > click Internet Options.
On the Security tab, click Default Level, then OK.

I do not see a yellow or blue bar with a message A firewall may be blocking the ActiveX controls. Set up your firewall to allow ActiveX controls to run. If you have Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall, click here for steps on how to do this.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Being on dial up symantec pages take long to load bout 5 or 10 minutes per page so ive been at this for over an hour dealing same norton bull.