Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

stop:OXOOOOOO7A

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run it from here, click the download location nearest to you, look for the click here if it does not run

http://www.majorgeek...mNRT_d4749.html

This may work directly

http://files5.majorg...dmin/symnrt.exe

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
http://files5.majorg...dmin/symnrt.exe

it has expired :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I uploaded it for you

http://www5.spread-i...85d8a50353c358d

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
norton has expired that one too.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry about that

This is the manual download link for Symantec

http://service1.syma...=&osv_lvl=&seg=

Download three files to the Windows desktop
---_-
The steps that follow are for Internet Explorer. If you have this page open in any other Web browser, please start Internet Explorer and open this page in it.

Tip: Copy the address from the address bar above, open Internet Explorer, and paste the address into the Internet Explorer address bar.
---_-
1 Click MSIFIX.bat.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
_---
2 Save the file to the Windows desktop.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
-----
3 Click SymNRT.exe.
---_-
4 Save the file to the Windows desktop.
---_-
5 Click SYMMSICLEANUP.reg.
---_-
6 Save the file to the Windows desktop.
--_-
STEP 3 Run the three files that you just downloaded
--_-
1 On the Windows desktop, double-click the MSIFIX icon. The icon looks like this picture:

________________________________________________________________________________________
---_-
2 Click Run.
A black window may appear very briefly.
---_-
3 On the Windows desktop, double-click the SymNRT icon. The icon looks like this picture:

---_-
4 Click Run. _________________________________________________________________________________________
--_-
5 Click Next. _________________________________________________________________________________________
---_-
6 Click I accept the License Agreement, and click Next. _________________________________________________________________________________________
---_-
7 Type the letters and numbers that you see in the white box, and then click Next. _________________________________________________________________________________________
---_-
8 Click Yes or OK at each prompt.
You may need to click more than once. Your computer may be restarted for you more than once.
You may be asked to repeat some steps after the computer restarts.
---_-
9 On the Windows desktop, double-click the SYMMSICLEANUP icon. The icon looks like this picture:

---_-
10 Click Run, and then click Yes. _________________________________________________________________________________________
---_-
11 Click OK. ________________________________

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Well i ran the uninstall tool. But it remove my updated version 2006. I kinda expected that. But it did not remove my ...............Norton Corporate Antivirus Edition 2003...........The message i get from trying to uninstall it my self is this..............

ERROR 25002 NAVINST EXSTENSION DLL.

Maybe that will help out to find some other way to uninstall it.

I had to redownload Norton Internet Security 2005 and update it. its not complete but it runs in the back updating. For me its a long process but thats dial up for ya. We get hispeed in the fall some time in september..............So wake me up when september ends (GREEN DAY).......LOL

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is the link for the error

http://service1.syma...&prev=&miniver=

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
gonna need your help on this . can you guide me through. i dont have installation disk for this .not even sure i can get one.think you can find away on monday ill phone the company that installed this norton program see if they still have disk in the mean time we will try ourselves.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it doesn't stop you using the PC, my preference is for checking the availability of the installation disc to do it the Symantec way

However, if it is causing problems, post in and we can look at removing it

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
no it doesnt stop me from using pc ill wait and try to get my hands on the installation disk.

ok now i keep getting this so called net optimizer some type of spy ware. it gets deleted after running norton. and when i run norton in safe mode it shows up but gets deleted. my question is what is it. what does it do. why does ut show up even after its deleted. some times computer seems like running or doing something when its sits idle and no one uses it...................any ideas.............

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
thanks for that info .im gonna deal with that one when im alone at home.but i did find the security that was an update that stop activex. when i updated norton last night i got error on the antivirus part. so i checked on it and it says down load live update. this site requires activex. the windows security kb912812 stops activex but norton live update needs this update. get it. think microsoft explorer and norton should have a cup of coffee over this one.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you tried uninstalling live update and then installing the latest version, see if it runs with the update

http://www.symantec....iles/lu/lu.html

2nd down

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Saw this

The IE Compatibility Patch reverts the IE Active X update behavior contained in the April Security update (KB912812). This patch should be used by customers who have experienced compatibility issues and who require more time to test/update websites and programs that are impacted by the IE Active X update. This patch is temporary, and will only apply to KB912812. This IE compatibility patch will not be available for future security updates. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
i had this one (KB912812). uninstalled it cause it was blocking all my activex even safe ones nowi can play games from playaholics or even get downloads from you without it i can play games and install downloads.