Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

stop:OXOOOOOO7A

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is for the 4600

http://www.epson.com...latform=Windows

Windows XP, Windows 2000
epson11262.exe - 6.5MB - posted on 10/19/04

This self-extracting file contains the Epson Stylus Photo CX4600 Printer Driver for Windows XP and 2000 (Printer Driver v5.5dA, Core Driver disk v5.53). This driver supports Windows XP Service Pack 2 and incorporates the Epson Status Monitor 3.

Note: Before installing this driver, please remove prior versions of this driver via Windows Add/Remove Programs.

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Where did you find it. How did you find it. You must have access to some really good resources.well here it goes download time. thanks cross your web fingers cuz are crossed.............lol

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The printer needs to be off until the installer prompts for it

Best if you disable the ant virus when you do the install

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Printer Driver v5.5aAs
Windows XP 64-bit Edition
epson11475.exe - 6.3MB - posted on 07/14/05

So far that one wont match with current settings downloaded it twice. :whistling: updated the other one but that one says update too but............. well i dont know im gonna try again tomorrow. Something has to give.
But im not giving up.............

>>>>>>>>>>>> epson11475.exe <<<<<<<<<but this is the driver

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
epson11262.exe - 6.5MB ............<<<<<<<<<<awww this driver too cant update.well try again tomorrow

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)................whatever that means. maybe you can find out.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Has Epson got e-talk in your location? The advantage of using it is that once you get their Tech online he can hardly say he doesn't know what the problem is :whistling:

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Well if you mean e-talk is like a live chat you mean.Or is this forum a e-talk. But what you mean hardly say. Do you mean he wont really take time on his part to help with problem. the printer was on sale at the time do you think drivers were a problem with epson. i think they shouldve been recalled ...........printers.........

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
E-Talk is one to one with their technician, and he will stick with it until it prints

He won't ask if it was on sale when you got it

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
guess they have hours to but im gonna work on problem monday in afternoon thanks for the info

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
OK gonna give epson technician a chance sent them e mail im just waiting for response.

If that dont work then ill try...........'universe' repository(Synaptic ) That has something to do with Ubunto.

they claim to have drivers for CX4600.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
I left a post in the windows 98 forum . check it out and get back to me. got your pinned message about microsoft that they will be closing all updates and shutting down windows 98 and windows ME

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They will stop releasing updates for 98

What was the query with 98

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
WAS GIVEN A COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 98. Just wanted to know if it was worth upgrading or fixing.
Just dont want spend alot of money for nothing on it. modem or hardware stuff anything like that. i know it needsnew ram if i do change to xp otherwise it will drag.

If i change windows 98 to windows xp will it overwrite any start-up or drive problems at the start of computer. I mean The computer has 94% free space. Will it be like new one if i switch to windows xp with service pack 2.The only thing wrong with it is the boot-up i have to hit F1 key then it says something about a problem........drive0. then cant find media cable something like that. im wondering if new windows installation will change all that. Then it starts like any computer. I ran scandisk and disk cleaner then i defragment and thats all i did to it so far.

Its a dell pentiumIII with 128 ram

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this if you have the 98 CD

This will rebuild the registry and also replace missing or corrupt system files

Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 right after the beep until you get options, select command prompt only, give it a minute to arrive at the prompt with a flashing cursor then type scanreg.exe /fix then press enter, it will run through a few screens then say registry repaired. Press enter then press ctrl + alt + delete keys together to reboot.

When Windows has loaded, click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools then run system file checker and replace any files it asks for from the 98 CD then reboot.

When it has loaded to the desktop, click start, programmes accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then run disc defragmenter from system tools

This part is optional

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor