Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

stop:OXOOOOOO7A

• Please log in to reply

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
i went out to town and bought robotics fax modem its suppose to be good for dial-up. but when i went to install it it cant find drivers :whistling: well i dont know but im gonna try again tommorow. just thought id let you know any ideas

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did it have a software CD, or clues as to where you can get the drivers

The Robotics site may have them

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
thats ok now i figured it out .the modem works now. just wondering if more memery can be download or does it have to be physically installed. for optiplex windows 98 by dell. im currently running at 128 ram or memory.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Physically installed

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Think i have a unwanted window. its a pop-up but just cant get rid of it. so far uninstall yahoo tool bar install netscape .............then uninstall yahoo extras..................but when im in yahoo games i shoot draw back cue i imediately get pop-up freezes my game.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then search, include hidden and system files, look for Yahoo

Send any you don't need to the recycle bin and reboot

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Well i did that and decided to clean out yahoo all together theni also uninstall messenger. reinstall messenger tried a game but same problem. now my java wont load tried settings in the internet options but that didnt work.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click this

http://www.adslguide...s/speedtest.asp

If you get a box with a red X, look below the box and click get java

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
ok did that guess thats ok

no red X im assuming it works fine.

just dont understand why it fails

i was only able too use it once today then it started to fail

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Which version of java have you got?

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
version1.2

if i need a new version i need a direct download site page cause i spend hours at sun java and i already did today and cant find the one thats suitable for me

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Use add / remove to uninstall 1.2

Try here

http://java.com/en/d.../windows_ie.jsp

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Guess what IM glad that java 1.2 was giving me trouble. it wasnt my settings it was java its self. but the good thing about was i dont have that pop-up that freezes my screen in yahoo pool. it was java 1.2 that was allowing pop-up so thats another computer issue solved............................just have question this java i downloaded is it my computer all the time. its just that when i run a clean sweep i dont want download it again.

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Guess What YAHOO WINDOWS IN GAME ROOM ARE TRANSPARENT. Its like this igo to shoot but for some reason i noticed that when i held the cursor abit to long at the top of screen the same message appears from my tool bar which is net scape it said........ keywords to search for...... Then i slowly moved the cursor to wards the pop-up blocker...........and the message there is....Block unwanted pop-ups.........So thats a wierd one to explain ..........................But have you ever heard of that windows being transparent

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Is there anything on the Yahoo site about it?