Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

beltbuckle

beltbuckle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I PURCHASED THE SOFTWARE INCREDIMAIL ABOUT A MONTH AGO. I REALLY LIKED IT BUT WAS ONLY ABLE TO USE FOR ABOUT A WEEK WHEN IT STOPPED CONNECTING TO MY BELLSOUTH SERVER. BELLSOUTH HAS DONE ALL THEY CAN BUT COULD NOT HELP. I HAVE UNINSTALLED THE PROGRAM BUT AM NOT ABLE TO USE MY OUTLOOK EXPRESS EITHER. I CAN ONLY GET MY EMAIL THROUGH MY BELLSOUTH HOMEPAGE. DELL SENT ME A FOUR PAGE LETTER TELLING ME HOW TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL OUTLOOK EXPRESS BUT I DON'T FEEL KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH TO DO THIS. HELP! PLEASE! <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome beltbuckle <_<

Can you give us a little more background? What kind of error message are you getting when it doesn't connect?

beltbuckle

beltbuckle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I get a time out message. I've reset time to connect to different times but before it connected right away. Now it just never connects.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Hmm, I'm sure Bellsouth reviewed your mail settings with you, so I don't think it's worth rehashing them, unless you want to.

I'm guessing you've got corrupted or missing files and/or registry keys. Probably the best soultion is to reinstall Outlook Express. This may be an easier way to reinstall it:

Before begining it's a good idea to backup your registry.

Click on Start -> Run, Type "regedit" (without the quotes)

Find Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA848-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

Double Click the entry shown below:

Name: IsInstalled Type: REG_DWORD Data: 0x00000001 (1)

Posted Image

Change the Value from 1 to 0

Exit Registry

Don't change anything else! If you can't find the exact key shown above, STOP and ask for further assistance.

Download and Install Internet Explorer 6 (contains Outlook Express). Run Windows Update.