Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Won't Turn on

• Please log in to reply

Hakker

Hakker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My computer won't turn on. I tried the powersupply in a different computer and it worked. Any ideas on how I could Troubleshoot? My powersupply is 450w.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. You verified the power supply is ok by putting it in another computer so that rules it out as the problem. Do you have a reset button on your computer? These are generally on the front, a small button that needs to be pushed with a pen or pencil to reset. On my computer, this is located directly below the power button. Have you tried resetting that? When you try to power up, does any thing at all light up or spin (fans)? Do you see any LED's light up on the motherboard? Post your system specs when you reply as this will better enable folks who want to try to help you.

Hakker

Hakker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I solved the problem thanks for the response and the help.