Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit

• Please log in to reply

DOH!

DOH!

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hey guys, Keith helped me a ton with a problem that I was having, but now have no way to know if it fixed it.

Here is my first problem . I did all the steps all the way up to XP repair. And then tried to install my drivers to see if it had fixed the problem, so I wouldn't have to repair XP and then download all the updates again (im lazy).

The card is a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit. The box didn't come with a disc. Well it came with the case, but no disc, so I got screwed there, but when I reformated I had already had the driver/ app download, downloaded. Here is the one I have..

1. Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit and Sound Blaster Audigy LS driver 1.04.0055 (11.91 MB)

Am I missing or something, or is there another reason it wont recognize my card. It has always worked fine before..

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Try going to start, my computer right click properties, device manager. Go to the sound card, right click and update the driver. You may need to browse to the location where you have the driver saved. If this doesn't work, you could try re-seating the card (pull it out and re-install it).

DOH!

DOH!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Thats what I did, and it works fine now, you can delete this post and/or winxp sound problem. Chip in overe at this thread if you would please.

http://www.geekstogo...t=0#entry637714