Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express Help

• Please log in to reply

bmg83

bmg83

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
This is the first time I am having issues with outlook. I don't usually use it but I was told it was something great to use. Well now I can't send email to anyone. I tried looking through google for things to try but I honestly didn't know what I was doing. I turned off my AVG and E Wido and still can't send my email. So does anyone have any help for me? Thanks.

Advertisements

bmg83

bmg83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Any one have any suggestions? I have looked in previous posts and didn't see anything helpful. Should I just use a new email cient? Any suggestions on a good free email client?

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Look in my signature... Thunderbird, the ultimate companion to firefox :whistling:.

http://www.getthunderbird.com/

--

Check if your server needs a username and password for mail. Some do.

bmg83

bmg83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Look in my signature... Thunderbird, the ultimate companion to firefox :whistling:.

http://www.getthunderbird.com/

--

Check if your server needs a username and password for mail. Some do.

Well I have tried out thunderbird and I don't really like it, thanks though. Is there any solution to the outlook problem? Has anyone else ever had this error before?

bmg83

bmg83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
If I post this somewhere else am I going to get it deleted? Cause I dont seem to be getting any info here

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Does the server require authentication

Which e-mail provider do you have?

bmg83

bmg83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Does the server require authentication

Which e-mail provider do you have?

I don't know what you mean by require authentication. I use comcast.

thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check the settings here

http://www.comcast.n...ok_Express17686

If it is comcast.net there is a one click set up option

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Perhaps the slow response to your question here was that members were like myself torn between their real wish to help you and a general distain for Outlook Express for its bringing those mails into your comp when there are many types of bagle type viruses on the server, true there are ways to prevent this happening but better would be to see one mails on line. Also, in the case where the harddrive dies, so does all one mails too, whereas servers like google and yahoo store your mails, and even your addresses too meaing that you can be anywhere and from anywhere have your mails and addresses there the moment you connect to the server. Lastly, should you ever wish to change to a new computer there is no files and addresses to export to the new comp then. I hope my fowardness is forgiven then.

bmg83

bmg83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Well I am not using Outlook Express. I believe I read that there is a difference between the two. I used to use Incredimail. Should I just go back to using that? Perhaps following my father's advice of Outlook was not a good one. He refuses to upgrade from Windows 98 regardless of the many problems he runs into because of how out dated it is. How would I go about getting a google account? I was told you needed to be invited by invitation to get an account there. Your forwardness is forgiven. I have just been frustrated. Thank you.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Shame the post is called Outlook Express help

Which version of Outlook have you got

bmg83

bmg83

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Shame the post is called Outlook Express help

Which version of Outlook have you got

You know I just noticed that now as I was about to post. I am a ditz. I wanted to let you know that it seems to have resolved itself. It only took a number of inconvient days, possibly a week. Thank you for your help. Do you think I should just use a different client like Incredimail? I really dislike thunderbird. Thanks again.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can consider this if you have Office, you get five e-mail addresses, each with a 2GB storage limit and a 10MB attachment limit

http://officelive.mi...elivebasic.aspx

I run Yahoo with Outlook