Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Videocard HELP/ADVICE

• Please log in to reply

chompymcchomp

chompymcchomp

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi guys,
I have the ATI x700 Pro Sapphire yada yada yada. The fan is starting to go and ATI isn't going to do jack about it. Good news is that I got it for next to nothing over a year ago.

My question to you:
I want to upgrade to something else (pci-express still) in which ill still have use of dual monitors at a low price ($100-$150).

I feel I need to get this done asap because of the fan situation, and I'm sort of lacking in the money dept. I've been looking towards something Nvidia. Please help.

Sapphire x700 specs

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi... Quick search on ebuyer, don't know what you will get out of this: http://www.ebuyer.co...duct_uid=107944.

And why would you want to go from a $200 card to a $100 - $150 card? I much prefer ATi anyway, nVidia have unreliable drivers (personal opinion).

chompymcchomp

chompymcchomp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I figured the x700 was $200 when it was first released and thus would be infinitely cheaper now. I thought that a video card in the "just as good" to "better" range would fall in that pricerange.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.
I don't really know where to look, much less what i'm looking at with videocards.