Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player in Firefox

• Please log in to reply

Michael Boutros

Michael Boutros

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello everyone, I have a problem in FF and IE and Flock and every other browser I have tried. However, to keep it simple, everything from now on is in Firefox.

Whenever I go to a site to view a video in an embeded WMP thing, it just doesn't work. The play button is there and it says "Ready" but clicking play does nothing. I have checked about:plugins and both the Windows Media Player plugins and the ActiveX plugins are not working. And I am also sure that its not the sites im visiting, as they are very popular sites that have to work, and work for others.

I don't know what else to provide, but here is some more stuff about my computer:

Windows XP SP 2
Tested in IE 7, FF 1.5.0.1, 1.5.0.2, 2.0, and Bon Echo

Thanks,
Michael Boutros

Advertisements

KenshinX

KenshinX

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
Hello Michael, I believe your problem is that you do not have the correct firefox or run time environment for your media to play in an embedded webpage. Also, it could be that you do not have some other plugins that may be required. Please check this page out and look for something that may have caused it.

http://plugindoc.moz...rg/windows.html