Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rams problem

• Please log in to reply

TheFlames

TheFlames

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok heres the deal ive been using 1 stick of ram 512mb pc 3200 (azenram) and i wanted another 1 so i bought the same thing same brand and all and i puted in then i checked in system to make sure it says 1gig and it do so i started playing world of warcraft but the sec i enter the game my comp restart or it quits the game and says theres a fatal error and needs to close so i tryed call of duty 2 and my computer restarted again then i tok out the new ram and played WoW without a problem and when i puttted again it happened again i dotn have a clue why its doing that since my motherboard can take up to 2gig of ram if any1 can help me would be fun thx

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I would run memtest on the ram. You may have a weak stick in the second one. Have you tried swapping the ram in the slots? I have not had much luck with nonome branded memory so i stick with crucial or a known good brand.

SRX660

TheFlames

TheFlames

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
well the problem is that i have already thought it might be broken or so so i exchanged it for another 1 and it still do that and my friend told me that azenram was a good brand so i opt wiuth it and no i didnt swap the sticks im about to find out