Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

3rd Hard Drive Problems

• Please log in to reply

burntherodeo

burntherodeo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I tried to install a third hard drive into my computer but when i turn on the computer it says Error 02B2 - Incorrect Drive A Type - Run Setup which takes me to the bios. Does this have something to do with the floppy drive?

Right now I have it set up as the main hard drive as a master on one ide channel with secondary hard drive as the slave.

Then on another ide channel i have a cdrw drive as the master then the third hard drive as the slave.

Thanks.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Yes that error does have to do with the floppy, check the connections you may have loosend one when installing the hd.

If this is a Dell look Here

Rick

burntherodeo

burntherodeo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
hey thanks, i switched the cable around, i guess it was backwards or something. it works now.
thanks!