Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overheated computer?

• Please log in to reply

kyleex

kyleex

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
i read another topic, and it said i should install everest home edition to see the temperatures of my components. my brother recently installed a GForce4 Mx420 graphics card on my computer.

3300+ AMD Athlon 64 processer
512mb PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory
160GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA hard drive.

sometimes, when i am running a virus scan or game my computer can get VERY loud.

Fan Speeds
CPU Fan- 3435 RPM
Chassis Fan- 1500-1502 RPM

Temperatures
Motherboard- 44C
CPU- 58C
SAMSUNG SP1604N- 41C

help plz.

Edited by kyleex, 15 April 2006 - 12:45 PM.

Advertisements

kyleex

kyleex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
my computer is a peice of crap. :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would give it a good clean out.

kyleex

kyleex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
how would i go about that?

kyleex

kyleex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
bump.

kyleex

kyleex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
bump.

Seven!

Seven!

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
temperature monitors in programs like everest are always inaccurate with me. so that's not a big deal. plus <60c is fine, though on and amd athlon 64 you shouldn't get temps like that unless the ambient temperatures are really high or you're overclocking - or both.

with 30c ambient i get temps of 53c load and i have an athlon 64 3700+ oc'd to 2.531 ghz.

look for amd's cool n quiet driver, that usually mesaures temps pretty well.

kyleex

kyleex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i dont care about how hot it is.
i just want it to be quiet.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Dont Bump topics, we dont like it, and i dont like it its the quickest way to getting no replies.

Considering the topic tile is "overheated computer?" it would imply you are concerned about the temperature of your system. Also since fan speed is usually a main factor in fan speed YOU DO care about heat.

You clean a system by unplugging it and and opening up, you remove or immobilise all the fans in the system, you then use compressed air or a hoover to remove all the dust in the system. you then clean the fans which usually need a only barely damp cloth to get the dust and dirt from the fans blades, you then put everything back together and make sure all the fans are mobile again.