Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open microsoft office programs

• Please log in to reply

Miregoji

Miregoji

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This morning when I tried to open my Microsoft Word, the program's logo popped out as usual but that's the only normal part and the logo just stayed there and wouldn't go to the blank page(the 1st page when u open word) so I shut down the enitre program from Windows Task Manager. I open it again then same thing happend and I tried to open Excel and it was ok until I tried to open my old file and the sceen just froze when it was scanning for virus. Then I went to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office to open Word there and it worked but I had to click on "Run As" and when it finished loading, several things popped out.

1st says "This document cannot to other documents" (my Word is in Chinese so I don't exactly know how to translate into the proper terms"

2nd says "Cannot open already existed" " (There's a weird mark " there for some reason.)

So a blank page comes out and everthing looks normal until I tried to open my other word file from My Documents and it says that I cannot access My Documents, please report to the administrator for authorization.

So can anyone help me?

PS...

When I was doing all those stuff above, a Norton AntiVirus Error Window popped out sometimes saying that Norton AntiVirus is unable to scan my computer for infections because my license is expired and there is a number in the window 3019.12. There is another wierd thing I noticed. When I signed onto my MSN acount for some reason a invisible Windows Messenger said I signed in then I found out that that the invisible Windows Messenger is using my sister's account so I would get her messages and from my MSN account I could see her being online when there was no way she could be online(camping). Maybe all of these r connected and I used S&D and found some things like Fakemsn8beta and something called windows.redirectedhosts and wut is weird for that last one is that when I tried to get into Norton's site, my firefox said the site was down then when I fixed the problem with S&D I can get into the site again.

SO can anyone help me? I'm mainly concerned with problems on the Excel and Word

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Miregoji...

Sounds like a malware infection... :whistling:

Please go to the Malware Forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the Start Here.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself...then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum. Be patient, the Malware Forum is a very busy place and a two or three day wait is not unusual. DO NOT REPLY TO OR BUMP YOUR OWN LOG. If it shows a reply it may be overlooked as one that is being worked on.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.

wannabe1

JacobAtDell

JacobAtDell

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Hi GUYS , THIS ISSUE IS BECOZ OF WINDOWS UPDATE , THE LATEST PATCH OF IE LOOPHOLE KILLS MS OFFICE , WORD AND EXCEL DOESNT OPEN FILES "NOT RESPONDING" IS DISPLAYED ON THE TITLE BAR

HERE IS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE

-Close All Programs
-Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to get the Task Manager
- End All Process called verclsid.exe NOTE : THERE WILL BE MULTIPLE ENTRIES, END TASK ALL OF THEM***
- Click Start > Search
- Click On ALL FILES AND FOLDER
- Type verclsid.exe in the filename box
- Click Search
- DELETE ALL FILE IN THE SEARCH RESULT
- REBOOT THE COMPUTER
- Your ISSUE IS RESOLVE