Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD-RW drive

• Please log in to reply

Law711

Law711

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everyone, need some help here. I have this problem with my cd/dvd drive. When I insert any type of media in the drive, I don't hear anything, no spinning, nothing. I check in my computer and the drive does show up and it shows that a disc is in there, but I get a blank screen whenever I click on it. This is a fairly new drive and have made no significant changes on my computer lately. I should let you know that it's one of those HP DVD-RW drives with lite-scribe if that helps any. I appreciate any feedback and help with this one. Thank you.

UPDATE**** I just fixed this problem. I uninstalled my Roxio CD creator and re-booted, everything came back as normal. Don't know what that was all about but hey it's working now. Thanks for you time everyone.

Edited by Law711, 16 April 2006 - 07:57 AM.

Advertisements