Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

File System HelP!

• Please log in to reply

seedless

seedless

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I recently formatted my 80 gig western digital hard drive, and reinstalled windows on it. The problem im having is that my 250 gig maxter, which is my storage drive somehow got its file system either corrupted or deleted when i formatted my hard drive. its a IDE hard drive and i would like to know if anyone of you guys could guide me through repairing it i would be forever grateful.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi seedless...

Does the computer detect the drive...can you see it's contents?

wannabe1

seedless

seedless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
hey wannabe1 im back for round 2 haha.

so ya man my computer detects the hard drive, i can see it in manage it shows it as unallocated because it docent have a file system i ran a couple recovery programs on it and i could see all my files perfectly. like a said i think when i formatted my 80 gig western it corrupted the maxter hard drive file system so i think that's what i need to repair correct me if im wrong.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Can you see the files using Windows Explorer or through My Computer?

seedless

seedless

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
no i cannot see the hard drive in my computer nor the files anywere els.