System Restore doesnt work
Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:26 PM
Posted 15 April 2006 - 09:04 PM
Is the Restore Service started?
Click Start, then Run, type services.msc, and click "Ok". Scroll down to "System Restore Service"...is it Started?
Edited by wannabe1, 15 April 2006 - 09:04 PM.
Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:29 PM
Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:02 AM
Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:14 PM
Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:29 PM
1. Click Start, click Run, and then type %windir%\inf.
2. Locate the Sr.inf file, right-click the file, and then click Install.
3. In the Files Needed dialog box, click Browse. Locate the Sr.sy_ file in the i386 folder of the Windows XP CD, click the file, and then click Open.
4. When the installation is completed, restart your computer.
As it reboots, keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a Command Prompt then press enter.
2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from
For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:02 PM
Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:14 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users