Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

screensaver won't start!

• Please log in to reply

JSG88

JSG88

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have done everything that you said and when I went under the startup menu the DVD Launcher.exe wasn't in there. I also have a wireless mouse and I can't get my screen saver to start. If I pull the the USB for the mouse out then my screen saver starts, but when i plug it back in, it wont work any more. :whistling:

Advertisements

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I see the last post to this topic is over a year old - hope this doesn't get buried in the past!.

I too have the problem that my screensaver wont start. I have Windows XP Media edition, a wireless mouse.and do not have DVDlauncher.exe listed in my startup tab.

I have downloaded and tried the "enable disable screen saver" program. My POWER OPTIONS do not work if I set "monitor off" to 1 min. If I dis connect the USB adaptor for the mouse, the POWER OPTION will work and/or screensaver whichever I set to start first. I really do not want to have to pull out the adaptor evertime i want the screensaver to run knowing the adaptor could be damaged.

Any help would be appreciated

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
bigdogalex,

Because this thread is old and has multiple replies, it's possible you won't get a response. I would suggest starting your own topic in this forum describing your problem. You can then provide a link to this thread, explaining what you've tried. I don't want to split this post out, as then it won't be clear what you're referring to.

Good luck!

bigdogalex

bigdogalex

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Ok will do Thanks

hurc

hurc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
new here hope im doing this right. there is no file dvrlauncher in that startup tab. I did see two files with no filenames