Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Display adaptor

• Please log in to reply

horlor44

horlor44

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I have a Intel P4 3200, 512RAM, Gforce4 440 64Mb Laptop which came Pre-Loaded with XP and all drivers for sound and Grahics ect.Every thing has been fine but I installed tombraider 3 yesterday and the install looked perfect,but when it was supposed to strart, the screen was just black.So, I had to press ctrl,alt ,delete to get out but it said TR3 was running,so Im thinking Display drivers.Seeing I didnt have the disc I downloaded Xp drivers from Invidia Site but that didnt work.I have a similar card in my PC ,a Gforce 440 64Mb.so I used that disc.still no good. In ,add/ remove programs,It shows NVidia 2000XPdrivers but with no "size"in Mb.
Also ,a Display Adaptor searcher I got from the web said," No display adaptors "with red X,s everywhere,removed on 15,April 06!.which is when I re-Installed them! any Help please the original Driver must be on the HD somewhere surely.Ive checked in..display props-advanced and it seems i have VGAsave doing all the dislaying .device manager shows no hardware and when I try to load Nvidia Drivers I get this message," The Nvidia setup prgram could not locate any drivers that are compatable with you hardware" setup will now exit.basically the adaptor hardware has vanished from my MB...Help! Please

Edited by horlor44, 16 April 2006 - 06:40 AM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check in device manager, click + next to display adapters

horlor44

horlor44

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Thanks,but there was ot even a display adaptor heading in device manager. Its as though I never had one! I have since fixed this problem by installing SP2..which must have re-scanned and found it ..Thanks again

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know