Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

changing com-lpt port baud rates

• Please log in to reply

beeeman

beeeman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,
My issue is this , i have a toshiba satillite lappy that is less then 90 days old, i use it to run ms streets

& trips 2006 with gps for my job. up until last week it all ran perfectly without issue.
then last monday the gps tracker just quit. I have been to level 4 with microsoft in an attempt to fix the problem , which has now included buying another copy of the program & gps tracker & installing ll new. at this point i know it is a windows issue because the new unit is doing the same as the old unit was doing.
when i plug it in the pc see's it, updates the driver if i plug it into another usb port & then tells me there is a problem with my new item & it may not work properly.
I need to change the baud settings for my com ports in order for the pc to see it correctly, they are at a default of 9600 & need to be at 4800
for the life of me i cannot find how to change this setting .

Edited by beeeman, 16 April 2006 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements

super_n00b_man

super_n00b_man

• Pip
  • 7 posts
format ur harddrive. hen go to control panel and it will ask if u want to change them