Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with mail merge

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

gabbo69(runescape)

gabbo69(runescape)

• Pip
  • 9 posts
let me start off by saying sorry if this the wrong forum, i couldn't seem to find the right one, but i am disscussing something to do with windows xp so :)

also let me also say sorry for my spelling and grammer, its crap i know, i'll work on it.

right lets get to what im here for..... :blink: :help: :) HELP ME!!!!!

i fell sorta stupid being here because im with people tht all are experts on computers, me however, i'm in college still AS level ict and im already stuck!

heres what i need to do:

basic outline.
i got a list of names and what i want to do it to have bottons next to there name (hopfully using a marco) and what it does is inserts there names in to a template made on mircosoft word.

more detailed outline (incase you didnt understand the basic one).
im creating a spreadsheet (corsework) that holds pupils personal infromtion (names address etc) and there grades. i have to make it user friendly and use marcos. i have the list of names with there grades, there is a if fromula stating tht if there good the is nothing next to there name if they are doin bad there is 3 stars, now i have dummy bottons (for the minute) nxt to all there names and what i want to do is, if they are doin bad click the botton and it inserts there name in to a template i made in word.

why mail merge?

some one i know told me this is mail merge but i havnt got a clue how to use it or if he is even right, any information you can give will help.

thanks alot chris
:whistling:

Advertisements

gabbo69(runescape)

gabbo69(runescape)

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
oh if you have any other ways of doing it that doesn't involve mail merge, tell me aswell. like i said i heard i had to use mail merge from my firends i do not no if it is the right thing to use

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there gabbo69(runescape), I have noticed that you have double posted. Please be patient as the forums are very bussy.

Will every one reply here please:
http://www.geekstogo...96

This post will be closed shortly.

Cool :whistling: