Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem uninstalling NAV 2003

• Please log in to reply

ProEd

ProEd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Keith.... I've been out of commission w/ a back injury since our last communication. Here is my current status.

- Ref. Post #10: I uninstalled .net framework.

- Ref. Post #10 & #6: I downloaded Tune Up 2006 Trial and ran Clean Up & Registry Clean Up.

- Ref. Post #14: I downloaded Net Framework 1.1 successfully and then Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack, also successfully, from the links you provided. At completion there was no mention by MS of a "hotfix" as you noted. So, I shut down and restarted my PC. I then restarted my PC and connected to MS Windows Update and downloaded all critical updates, excluding Office type products (e.g., Excel, Word). Curiously, Windows Update listed Net Framework 1.1 as a required update after scanning my computer, even though I had just finished downloading this software, I thought.

- I then shut down my PC and restarted. I received the same message at start up that I mentioned in Post #9 along with a "TrayApp" warning message (unfortunately, I did not pay careful attention to this message before closing it). I escaped from the "Microsoft.Net Framework" error window same as before by opening Task Manager and clicking "End Now".

I'm lost at this point. Did I miss something? Please advise.

Advertisements

ProEd

ProEd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Keith.... As a check, I just shut down & restarted my PC, with the following result.

- On Windows desktop at restart there appear 3 windows, in rapid succession. The 1st window has the title "TrayApp" (can't see the lower window text, hidden by #2), the 2nd window has the title "Windows Installer", "Preparing To Install....", again can't see the lower window text (hidden by #3), and the 3rd window has the title "Microsoft.Net Framework" w/ the same text that I described in Post #9.

I just finished downloading Microsoft.Net Framework, I thought. Any ideas?

ProEd

ProEd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Keith.... You can close this case. Through a combination of your recommendations and following some recommendations from a Google search source for additional assistance, since I did not hear back from you, I was able to resolve my problem. The final problem resolution, from the Google source, was quite simple.

Thank you, sincerely, for your assistance.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry that I didn't respond to this earlier, but there was no e-mail notifier sent to me for post 16

Thank You for having the courtesy to let me know the current position