Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outlook Express 6 mail won't send out

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, my outlook express 6 will not send out email anymore, however I do receive mail. 2 days ago my daughter sent out 2 emails with several huge jpgs and my outbox folder is clogged up with one of the emails that never went out. If I open outbox folder to delete the email my OE freezes up and I have to shut my pc down. I am at my wits end.

I set up a new identity to see if mail will go out of it and it does. Can I move the mail from the original identiy to the new identity? If so, how? And then delete the original identity?

Or, is there a way to get rid of that outgoing email through the file system since I am not able to get to it directly through outlook express.

Thanks, I appreciate all help.

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. One of our wonderful staff members, Johanna, has posted a guide that may help you. See http://www.geekstogo...cks-t99460.html