Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Willing to Help You Guys Out

• Please log in to reply

KenshinX

KenshinX

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
As it says above in the topic title, I have been browsing this site and I like it and it seems like it would be a great community to help out. I have helped out alot of people in the past and they have liked my service. I have many skills that involve removing of any malicious software, and would like to help fight the cause as many others at this forum have. Those are not my only skills, I'll list them now.

Name: Aaron
Skills: Graphics skills to make sites, advanced html, some dhtml, i speak vb6, and am great at learning things (i learned vb6 in 3 days)I have built my own computers, and I love to help people
AIM: MeHateEggz
AIM: SuperKenshinX
MSN: [e-mail removed]
YIM: [e-mail removed]

I would like to help in any way i can.

Edited by Michelle, 16 April 2006 - 11:36 PM.

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
If you're interested in malware, you can apply to join GeekU. More info on that can be found at http://www.geekstogo...ek_U-t4817.html .
There is no training needed to help in the other areas of the forum, so if you see a thread you can help out in, feel free to.

-Ryan

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If you are not interested in malware removal, you can just help out.

Tech Staff are chosen from members of the site who are good at helping people. If you want to become staff, you just need to start helping people. It appears your strengths would be in the web design or programming forums. If thats so, just help people as you see open threads. Eventually you will be noticed and you may have the opportunity to become a staff member.

ScHwErV :whistling:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
i was just wondering y arnt some people that have posted like 1000 or so posts a staff member or something.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

i was just wondering y arnt some people that have posted like 1000 or so posts a staff member or something.

We value the quality of reply more than the quantity.

Also, staff members are chosen by their peers. After someone nominates them, they are voted on by existing staff members. That process can take a little while.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
OH no, I am in trouble..... :whistling:
Qualitative rather than quantatative, there goes my theory of posting.

Is there a set of "bylaws" or rules associated with GTG???? I have read almost everything thats accesable at my level.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Needs some updating...
http://www.geekstogo...?act=boardrules

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Needs some updating...

aint that the truth...lazy sonofa....ooooooohhh hey admin!

<---Quantinty not Quality!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
^^ Quantity AND Quality ^^

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts
The monkey :::

Quantinty

admin:::

quantity

Thanks ADMIN, reading that again.

Hope I do not overstep my level in here...............

Advertisements

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
y does it need updating? there enough rules to follow already :whistling:

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

y does it need updating? there enough rules to follow already

The site has become very diverse over the past year or so some folks come to have something fixed and find that really nice people ( like me) hang out here and want to stay :whistling:

Oh yeah I m not really old either

and you can skip reading the rules and learn them the hard way :blink:

daniel_c

daniel_c

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

and you can skip reading the rules and learn them the hard way

were you refering to me?? :blink: :whistling: and about the age thing umm ur 42, ur aging but like u siad ur not that old :help:

also i was looking at some staff's profiles and some have only posted like 5-10 posts.... i even saw one that has only post 1 post... how did they become staff?

Edited by daniel_c, 26 June 2006 - 10:07 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

were you refering to me??

It was/is a general statement :whistling:

also i was looking at some staff's profiles and some have only posted like 5-10 posts.... i even saw one that has only post 1 post... how did they become staff?

I m not sure who you are reffering to and it doesn't really matter, I wont repeat what was already said in this topic, we do have some malware experts who sign up here and are promoted we know they are more then capable and deserving of the title,

Post count has really nothing to do with who is promoted or why

We value the quality of reply more than the quantity.

we are always on the look out for new staff members and if someone looks to be providing a qua;ity service to our members then they will be asked,

I m not sure why but you seem to be hung up on post count again refer the comment above, we even considered removing the post count at one point,

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hmm........I didn't even know there WERE rules for this site......Well I'll be a son of a ....... :whistling:

Fenor