Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

online backups

• Please log in to reply

jas_tech06

jas_tech06

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have lots of data in my computer which I cannot get away with and I am looking for a storage solution.

I have many pictures that I would hate to lose, documents, business related stuff, etc. I’m looking for a system that would not cost much. Some one recommended online storage from IBackup. If you know of anything like this, please leave a comment.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
online backup is a great idea, but you need oodles of bandwith to do it since the amount of data you are talking about seems quite large. Actually, the first time you use it will take a long time, but future backups will go quicker since you will only need to back up files that have been changed or new files

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I guess I would prefer an external hard drive stored in a separate location for my back ups, instead of a web based service. I might use a service like this in conjunction with other back up plans, but I would not want to depend upon it entirely, and I don't care who they are or whether they have a perfect track record or not. If my hard drive explodes, I would like my data to be somewhere I can quickly physically access it, that's all.

Johanna