Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP wireless keyboard slows to crawl or won't type

• Please log in to reply

davemendoza

davemendoza

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
I have a one month old HP Media Center PC and both the mouse and keyboard are wireless. I had a crucial online meeting and the keyboard froze up and would not type. I took it in the shop and they found no virus, I scanned it several times as well.

The problem continues. The [bleep] thing happens again, or slows typing to a crawl.

Is there a new virus doing this?

Advice?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
did this occur at the shop?

It is most likely a conflict with another device. Move your wireless receiver away from anything with a magnet...phone, monitor..or transformer (power block, printer)

Give it a good 10 inches distance

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Hi:

Take a run through on the Malware Removal section of this forum. Those guys/gals are great and will check to see whether you are clean or not. Read the instruction topics pinned at the top at:

Malware Removal

Please be patience. It may take several days to get an answer as the forum is very popular, but they are expert at helping you on cleaning your PC if there is a problem. Post back here if instructed to do so. Good luck.

Just a thought: Even though your keyboard and mouse are only a few months old, are the batteries fresh?

Ron