Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing Explorers

• Please log in to reply

nickpreece

nickpreece

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Since the last automatic windows update (2 days ago I think), everytime I try to access the drop down list in the address bar of Internet explorer 6 it freezes, similarly when I close windows explorer it also freezes. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks in advance

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello nickpreece...

Try removing those updates and see if the problem is resolved. Open Control Panel and double click the "Add or Remove Programs" icon. In the "Add/Remove" window, tick the box ot the top to "Show Updates". Scroll down the list (near the bottom) and locate the updates that were installed just prior to the problem showing up and remove them. Reboot and see if the problem persists.

wannabe1

nickpreece

nickpreece

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi wannabe

Thanks - that seems to have sorted it

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician