Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't access email websites

• Please log in to reply

cmp8679

cmp8679

• Pip
  • 3 posts
For a couple days now I can't access my email on hotmail.com or yahoo.com. I can load other pages whether they are on my favorites or not but when I click on the links in my favorites or even just type in the addresses they won't load. I also can't log onto the messengers for either or these sites. What can I do? I am going nuts not being able to check email. :whistling:

Hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

cmp8679

cmp8679

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
At first I couldn't access msn or anything to do with msn (hotmail, msn messenger) and yahoo or anything to do with yahoo (mail, messenger). Now there are other websites I can't access. I have norton antivirus on my main computer and have run a scan but nothing comes up. We are having the same problem with my laptop but I have Avast on there and have run a scan but nothing comes up. I thought maybe I had a virus but I don't know how it couldn't effect two different computers. I run IE6 on both but have tried to use Foxfire on the laptop figuring since IE has so many problems I may be able to access the sites through Foxfire. That didn't work though. I read about a Windows update that caused some people to have these same problems and they removed it and their problem was fixed. I did this and mine are not fixed. Please anyone have any suggestions???? I am desperate because the laptop is used for my work and I need the internet sites and my email.

:whistling:

Thanks in advance.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Do not start multiple threads about the same issue.

Threads merged.

ScHwErV :whistling: