Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick Question about Keyboard

• Please log in to reply

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Well I have to do a reformat do to viruses. I was able to save everything but I can't reformat now becuase My USB keyboard won't work to "press any key to boot from CD" I relise this prob has something to do with the Drivers not working until windows starts. If I get an adapter that converts USB to PS/2 will that solve my problem? Or do I have to get a new PS/2 keyboard?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Has it got an F Mode / F Lock key you can press for it to load with standard keys

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
no it doesn't...I should also mention that it is a wireless keyboard made by logitech.

EDIT:

http://www.logicalpl...gcorfreedu.html

thatz it...

Edited by Thexgene14, 17 April 2006 - 09:27 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Logitech do not have much

Keyboard not detected on boot

Question
My USB keyboard is not detected on boot. I get a "keyboard error" from the BIOS and cannot operate during boot up. However, the keyboard works fine in Windows. What's wrong?

Answer
It may be that your BIOS does not inherently support a USB keyboard. In your BIOS, you might need to enable USB Legacy Support or USB Keyboard support. Check with your system manufacturer for information on getting into and using the BIOS.

If you can't enable USB support from your BIOS, then your keyboard may not work in DOS. In this case, try running your DOS program in a DOS prompt within Windows. The keyboard should function since Windows determines keyboard support.

If you installed mouseware / iTouch, uninstall it and it should behave like a standard keyboard

If you have another keyboard, turn it to standard keys if it has that, then use it to boot your PC

Thexgene14

Thexgene14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Thanx, I'll try that...

EDIT: The drive is not formating succesfully...thanx for the help.

Edited by Thexgene14, 18 April 2006 - 07:56 AM.