Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC does not play audio for DVD's

• Please log in to reply

APCSystems

APCSystems

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
My PC does not play audio for DVD's. Video displays with no problems, and everything else is fine. I put in a music CD and it played no problem. I enabled digital playback, tried downloading the AC3 codec, but still nothing. It has to be something incredibly stupid that I'm missing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisements

APCSystems

APCSystems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
*bump*......anybody?

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
What Aplication are you using for playin Audio DVDs?

APCSystems

APCSystems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

What Aplication are you using for playin Audio DVDs?

Windows Media Player. For clarification, I'm not playing an audio DVD. I'm trying to play a movie on my PC. The movie plays fine, but there is no audio for the movie. I'm able to play audio CD's, and windows media player works fine for non-dvd stuff, such as downloaded movies, etc. Could it be some type of driver update on my DVDRW drive??

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ive never had alot of success with using media player for DVDs it was always very fussy for playing DVD content, do you have any proper dvd playing software like Nero or powerDVD you can try.

APCSystems

APCSystems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Ive never had alot of success with using media player for DVDs it was always very fussy for playing DVD content, do you have any proper dvd playing software like Nero or powerDVD you can try.

Hmmmm....good suggestion. I'll try installing Power DVD when I get home and I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

APCSystems

APCSystems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
It worked with Power DVD. I guess Windows Media Player is just picky. I should've tried Power DVD from the beginning. Oh well. Thanks very much for the help.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No bother, if you get the Klite mega codec pack its packed full of drivers as well, doesnt affect media player so much(its fussy) but it works with winamp and it will basically play anything once installed.

PowerDVD is very reliable though and is specific DVD software which gives it some better functionality with DVD menus and such. Recently ive been using the Nero player for DVDs and AVIs and its really good better than powerDVD.