Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM problem

• Please log in to reply

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
i put 2 256 ram sticks in my computer, i only have 2 slots.. my computer says i only have 368 memory, and it doesnt even feel like i have 368, and 368 is an odd number for ram. my computer is clean of virus, spyware, etc.and both ram sticks are the same whats wrong?

AMD Duron™
945 MHz, 368 MB of RAM

if u need system specs, can u tell me how to get them without opening my computer?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

At the top, click report, quick report, plain text, save then remove any personal details listed at the top, attach the report here using add reply, browse, add this attachment, add in to post

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

At the top, click report, quick report, plain text, save then remove any personal details listed at the top, attach the report here using add reply, browse, add this attachment, add in to post

thnx, so what info do u need to help me with my problem???

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Edit it so that it starts with motherboard and goes to storage

It may well be BIOS or chipset

memberix

memberix

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
You probably have an onboard graphics card which doesn't have its own dedicated memory but use from the system RAM and its set to use 128MB