Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strage Error

• Please log in to reply

Pianoman16

Pianoman16

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
For a while now I've been gettin this error and Ihave no idea why. It just randomly comes up, I can't associate it with anything.

The error says... "The exception unkown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the application at location 0x7c81eb33."

The sometimes right after that another error will come up " Runtime error 217 at 047d1d68"

And everytime the original message comes up another one comes up syaing that explorer.exe is not responding or somthing like that, I forgot to copy it down. but it always asks to either click debug or send error report. It doens't what button I click because either way everything is going to disapear. eg. Th desktop icons, toolbar... they all disappear and come back after a few seconds, but the tray icons never come back.

I am completly puzzled by this becuase I can usually pin point problems and fix them myself, but this one has got me stumped. Please help me. Thank you.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Saw this

Every time I try to access the control panel from the link in the start menu, I get the following error:
Instruction at 0x0147bd0d referenced memory at 0x0352aef. The memory could not be read

Runtime error 217 at 00BD68
exception unknown software exception 0x0eedfade occurred in the application at location 0x7C81eb33

I have the same problem on my Packard Bell with non-administrator accounts when right-clicking non-standard icons on the desktop. Only when I set them to "Administrator" al works fine

The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c59bbf3.

This problem only occurs if the user is in the user restricted group.
It's a real problem because I have to put my users in the power user group.
This problem occurs on both 2k and XP.