Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet problem at websites, Please help

• Please log in to reply

bnewbee41360

bnewbee41360

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Please help. I am having a serious problem. When I tried to access newspaper job listings in my area, if the listing has more than 1 page it goes crazy. Ex: checked job listing for warehouse, 1st page showed 169 job openings in Knoxville TN area, then 2nd page shows 68,000 and they are all over the USA. It either won't let me go past first page, keeps repeating first page over and over or it shows me 68,000 jobs Please help. It isn't just this one site, I am having trouble everywhere. Had Norton Antivirus but had to remove, it made computer worse than dial-up. Slowed everything to a snails pace, prevented me from using my printer. My computer uses Internet Explorer 6.0.2600 128 bit Intel Celeron 1.80GHZ Please help,the company I purchased from went out of business, didn't have any problems until installed Norton Anti-Virus 2005.

Advertisements

kroberts

kroberts

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
If you go to www.majorgeeks.com there is a program to manually uninstall Norton from the registry? If you need protection, I use Zone alarm for the firewall and AVG for anti-virus which are both free and on the same site. Not sure about the page thing, assuming you are in the UK set your browser to just search the UK, maybe the settings in explorer are wrong? Go to properties in Internet Explorer and set it to "open in new page" and "search" in advanced set to "Just display results in main window".