Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes on startup

• Please log in to reply

kbru1922

kbru1922

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
When I try to restart my computer it gets past the first stage but it will freeze before getting to
the usernames. Is this possibly a virus as I can start in safe mode. I tried to install Avg to run a scan but
it will not let me install in safe mode. Please assist.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
sounds like malfunctioning malware, perhaps

Please run hijackthis (see link in my signature), then save a log and AS A TEXT FILE (FILE > SAVE AS) then ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not necessairly looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodal and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty.

kbru1922

kbru1922

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Here you go

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
here I go what?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodal and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty.

Cheese and crackers kick butt, and YES, gerryf is correct, we can and WILL come over to your house and I WILL eat every piece of cheese and every cracker I can find.... :whistling:

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 17 April 2006 - 08:54 PM.

kbru1922

kbru1922

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I thought I had attached the scan. Is there another way to attach it as I don't want you fenor the eat my cheese and crackers and you to beat me up.

Attached Files