Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrative Priveleges

• Please log in to reply

wojcicki

wojcicki

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'm trying to run the Panda Active Scan and the Kaspersky Online Scanner, but it won't let me saying that I don't have administrative priveleges. I know that there is only one user set up. I've also noticed that I don't need a password to log on, I just hit cancel when the password screen pops up after a restart. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Advertisements

wojcicki

wojcicki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Extra note:

I haven't noticed this problem until recently. I've run Kaspersky a few times before. Just the past few weeks it has been giving me trouble. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

wojcicki

wojcicki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I figured it out. I just put "Administrator" in for the username and left the password blank.