Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer Will ONLY PRINT TEST PAGE & Won't Use black ink, which

• Please log in to reply

kbrooksatdublin.com

kbrooksatdublin.com

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a Lexmark Z705 printer that will not print right. If I have an open browser window or document, it will not print the information I want to print. It will feed the paper through and the printer heads will move left to right as if it were printing. It even sounds like it should be printing, but the page comes out blank. My first thought was that since I had just replaced the black ink, that my system wanted me to align the printer heads, so I ran that page. It would print, but only the color ink with just shadows for the black. Then I tried the printer test page. Once again, all of the colors would print (although faded) and the black would only show up as a shadow. So my next try was to convert the font color on my document to red or green or blue, but once again, my printer went through the motions of printing and never put anything on the paper. The ink was bought from www.123inkjets.com and I called their customer service. They said it might have been the ink, so they sent me new ones, but I still have the same problem. Any ideas on getting this taken care of would be great!

Kris

Also, I need to update my email to edited out email for security...unless you like spam don't post your email on an open forumfor any post notices which I will try to do now. Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If it is a compatible cartridge you may need to keep re-inserting them until they are recognised

Try cleaning the print heads, using the printer and wiping a piece of paper directly across the head to make sure it puts ink on it