Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my harddrive is not being picked by motherboard

• Please log in to reply

tedza

tedza

• Pip
  • 5 posts
just got a used machine from a friend,installed the harddrive properly,but then when i power on the machine ,there is an error message saying; ''0520-AE :Ide device#0Error''
Seems the hard drive is not being picked ,what do i do?

My machine is an Hp Vectra VL 600
Haddrive :MAXTOR dIAMONDMAX VL 2091021u2; 10.2GB;UltaATA/66(Ultra DMA/66)
Host Bus Adapter 2 Embedded PCI eide ;Ultra ATA/IDE(ultra DMA)
Processor : Intel Pentium R 111;600Mhz
Motherboard D9731-60001

PLIZ HELP
sorry for wasting your time guys all i needed to do was turn the key on the front outer panel of the harddrive to lock position,and it worked .

Edited by tedza, 21 April 2006 - 12:58 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Are you using a boot floppy to fdisk and format the drive. Fdisk can delete all partitions then make a partition on the drive. Make sure the drive jumper is set to master or cable select and hooked correctly to the cable. I have bought many drives off Ebay that the computer would not see until i used a boot floppy to clean up the drive. If the drive is not seen by the boot floppy it may be a bad drive.

http://www.5starsupp...rial/format.htm

SRX660