Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A BOX is round all flash files i see on the internet?

• Please log in to reply

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

Suddenly, when im on internet explorer, every time there is macromedia flash content, when my mouse goes over it it has a box round it like this...

flash.jpg

Then when i click on it it stops.

This has only recently just happend. Does any one know why ?

Advertisements

Killi

Killi

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Same, i got this after installing an automatic update, dont think its a problem, but it is annoying.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Thats exactly what happend. On my screen the other day, it said in the bottom right corner "installing automatic update". All this has happend since that update has installed.

Please help. someone?

:whistling:

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Since you know the date of the update(s), go to Control Panel's Add/Remove program. Check the box that says "Show Updates". Find the update(s) that was/were the one(s) installed just before you started having problems and un-install it/them one at a time. Check between each un-install after reboot whether it cured the problem. You can always go to Windows Update site and get it/them re-installed.

KB908531 wasn't one of the ones installed when problem started was it? This one seems to be a problem lately from other posts in this forum.

Ron

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Ok,

Ive had a look and KB908531was installed. Ive uninstalled it and the box around the flash files is still there, but when your mouse goes over it, it comes up and then you wait like 3 seconds then it dissapears?