Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adapters

• Please log in to reply

brewerr

brewerr

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I tried to renew the IP address on my computer, the message "The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for the operation". The internet sevice provider stated that has to do with the computer. Can you tell me how to fix this problem and if possible what could have caused it?

Angel

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

If you have bin in touch with your ISP then I assume you have tried this but anyway,

Turn off your computer and unplug your cable modem, wait 30 seconds and plug the modem back in, wait till the green online lites up and start your computer.

If this does not work use windows XP system restore to restore your computer to an earlier date, this should work and you will not loose any of your data.

If you don't have a restore point or this don't work report back there is another fix.

Rick

PCGoddess

PCGoddess

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I do tech support myself and 99% of the time this error is due to scanning your PC with Adaware program and removing files it found. If you have scanned with Spyware tool recently and removed files you may want to try to restore those (if available). If those files were deleted then the issue is going to be more complicated than that.

I can tell you it is not an ISP issue though. I get this from customers all the time. Hope that helps! =)