Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help With Omega Drivers

• Please log in to reply

SacKings384

SacKings384

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello, I recently purchased a Dell E-1505 and I downloaded the drivers as Dell provided off of the website. Last time I downloaded the ones off of the ATI website, my laptop got a blue screen error and I ended up having to uninstall the drivers, do a driver clean, and re-install all in safe mode. So I reinstalled using the Dell ones and now I want to install the Omega drivers. I'm pretty computer savvy, but I'm relatively new when it comes to drivers and overclocking. I know nothing about overclocking nor installing the drivers. So if anyone could please help me out with perhaps a (step by step?) Thanks for any help that is given.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
first, don't overclock...there is really no need to other than "because I can"

There was a time when overclocking meant something--you could take a amd k2-300 and overclock it to 500mhz for a 60 percent boost in performance

The typical overclocker now boosts a 3ghtz processer to 3.2ghtz--for a 4 percent gain. Overclocking is dumb for the typical user--especially when they kill their wonderfully working $400 videocard to squeeze 3fps out of doom3

As for drivers...

Download the latest driver for your card (or the Omega drivers in your case) from the manufacturer website

Download driver cleaner pro from here:

http://www.driverhea...ead.php?t=76416

Install it.

Download the latest (or in your case, use the original) driver for your videocard.

Start > Control Panel, choose add/remove applet

Remove any drivers or utlities for your card.

Reboot into safe mode, by tapping f8 key at startup, about once a second...you will be given a text mode menu....choose safe mode

Run driver cleaner pro and select the video driver you had from the drop down menu and let driver cleaner wipe out all the remaining files from the uninstall.

reboot into normal mode...cancel the hardware installation wizard.

Use the driver setup routine you downloaded above to reinstall the driver.