Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Form submitting

• Please log in to reply

wolftone

wolftone

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the amazon.com advantage program. My question is, what would cause a form to "time out" when you are submitting it on every computer that you try it on. I have even had friends from out of state try to submit my info and to no avail.

Amazon have asked me to take out any spyware searchers etc... because that may be having an effect, and to drop the security on my browser. Accept all cookies and stuff like that, but the form still times out. Has
anyone come accross this before.

Also - Does the Alexa toolbar mess up the computer and allow advertisers onto my system

Thank you all in advance

Martin Jordan

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello and welcome to geekstogo,
please post into the waiting room and discribe your problem that you discribed in your malware forum. ( http://www.geekstogo...opic=108454&hl= ) also let them know how long it has been that you have waited, as for the Alexa toolbar i believe it is spyware, however could be wrong so don't take any actions against it at the time being. Ask once you get help in the malware forum. As for your time out issue i don't really know as i'm not famialiar with it. However after cleaning yourself of the the virus that you said you had you should be good to go and hopefully it'll clear up the problems with it.
thanx
James

P.S. give them your URL in the waiting room

Edited by james_8970, 21 April 2006 - 03:27 PM.

wolftone

wolftone

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Hi

I am wondering if anyone is familiar with the amazon.com advantage program. My question is, what would cause a form to "time out" when you are submitting it on every computer that you try it on. I have even had friends from out of state try to submit my info and to no avail.

Amazon have asked me to take out any spyware searchers etc... because that may be having an effect, and to drop the security on my browser. Accept all cookies and stuff like that, but the form still times out. Has
anyone come accross this before.

Also - Does the Alexa toolbar mess up the computer and allow advertisers onto my system

Thank you all in advance

Martin Jordan

Thanks James

I think I finally got it cleared up. The form issue was an "Amazon" thing.

Blessings

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
k good to hear, if you have any other problems be free to ask them
James