Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo

• Please log in to reply

JimB007

JimB007

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
I've been having some problems with Yahoo Mail Account from time to time and I was wondering if there is something like a Yahoo technical Forum out there ?

Thanks

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Mine has been glitchy as of late. What kind of problems are you having?

JimB007

JimB007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Well from time to time, after login in and putting some words in the message text area, I get this window saying: Session expired... and I have to log back in.

Also from time to time I can't put any text in the different boxes. Allthough I think this has to do with Memory, which I don't have very much (512MB SD Ram).

It is also very strange that the Compose window with one and the same account is very different depending on the browser you use with your Yahoo account. Open an account with Opera f.e. and the same one with FF, you'll see the difference.

Using two accounts and some sort of auto-login is a nightmare. Quite impossible. Yahoo always opens back with the latest account used.

Edited by JimB007, 19 April 2006 - 09:34 PM.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I go back and forth using Outlook Express and Microsoft outlook...long story why, but I have to for my job. It works for awhile and drives my IT support guy nuts. it will be fine but then it just stops working. I wonder if you can uninstall yahoo and reinstall. My session expires from time to time, but usually not in the middle of typing an email. that's odd.

I have noticed as of the last few weeks, that I can't advance to the next message very well and it hangs.

JimB007

JimB007

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Well you can't really uninstall Yahoo since it is a Webmail account. It just puts some cookies on your PC that's all.

I've been using these webmail accounts since I had a crash and lost my Outlook Express adress book an mail.

Now at least when there ever will be a crash at least I still keep my mail and adress book.

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Sorry, I was thinking about messenger...typing before I was thinking.

Here is something you can try:

Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then also from system tools, run disc defragmenter

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot.

Download, install and run Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
Yahoo did some maintenance on April 9 2006 since then their system been glichy.

i cant play yahoo pool because of it