Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dawn of War weird voice problem

• Please log in to reply

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Okay, last nigh i poped in dawn of war (not winter assault). Everything loaded properly, the music ran fine, the sound effects ran fine, but the voices...when I clicked on my men, no sound issued from them. They didn't yell charge! or For the emperor! they didn't say anything. they were quite. then i scrolled over to a battle...and there was this weird, mechanical beeping. i don't think that it was a weapon in the game, because it was real mechanical. it sound like an error. other than that, nothing was wrong with the sound. please help!!!
ps-the game is not burned,if that helps.

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your sound card or onboard audio? If you have and that still didnt help, you might just need a new sound card.
-P.

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
yeah, my sound card is pretty old, but none of the other sounds are messing up...and only the voices in battle make the beeping sounds...but thanks anyways.