Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Duplicate copies of xp

• Please log in to reply

BajanQT

BajanQT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz:
I have two copies of xp on my laptop...home edition and professional. I want to uninstall home edition. How do I do this?

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
If you get the dual boot screen while booting that asks which operating system to load, you may be able to remove the Home version from that list by editing the boot.ini file. By doing this, your computer will always boot Pro without asking.

To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a way to uninstall Home for this type situation. Looks like Home will be with you until you have to format your drive.

Hope this helps.

Maybe someone else will be able to give you more and better info.

Jarhead

Jarhead

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If you have used a Partition Manager, than you can remove XP Home that way, IF Pro is the lead OS on the Hard drive.

Jarhead