Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Evidence eliminator, is there anything better?

• Please log in to reply

bigdog1100

bigdog1100

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
:help: Hello. So there is Evidence Eliminator that deletes practically enything, including all temp files, logs and other stuff. It even does magnetic underwriting, whatever that means.

Well, I am moving to another PC, and I will have to get something else, as I have lost reg. info and am not willing pay a lot of money, even while being a privacy freak, or geek, whichever is more appropriate. :)

So, is there a software available out there, that I can use to really really clean my PC, and that is as good or better than EE, and that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. :whistling:

Please let me know. :blink:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Tonnes, windows also has disk cleanup which does the job, i have tune up 2006 and its one of the many things it can do, privacy mantra i used to use it was allright, and CCleaner is pretty good as well.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Find out who makes your hard drive and download their utility that writes all "0"s to the drive. A couple of businesses has me do this to the drives in computers they are getting rid of and they want me to do it three times on each drive. I have shown them that doing this once makes the drive have no recoverable data. Maxtor has maxblast, WD has the data lifeguard tools, and seagate has the seatools program.

SRX660