Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP Adress 227.4.167.118 - rogue anti syware site

• Please log in to reply

Si3170

Si3170

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everyone

I am being plagued by this site which supposedly says that IP address 227.4.167.118 is monitoring my pc, it appears everytime I open internet explorer. I've run Spybot Search and Destroy which is normally very good but its not picking up on this, nor is Norton anti-virus.

I'll only have this pc for another fifteen days, but somebody else is going to be having it and I refuse to spend any money on trying to get rid of this one thing!

When I've entered the IP address into google it comes up with quite a bit, but on a couple of occasions have been led back to spyware doctor, which I have downloaded but then it requires me to pay to register it in order to sort problems out, which i really don't want to do.

Any advice or sites where i can download free software to get rid of it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

Si

If you need more details from me, just let me know and I will re-open explorer and give you more details of it.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware expert, please return to this thread.