Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Minor "issue" or more-so a simple question

• Please log in to reply

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I like to have all my folders & such set to be view as THUMBNAILS but I don't like how they automatically generate based on what's in the folder. Is there a way to not have this happen & only show the default folder unless I set a certain picture?

I thought maybe if I delete the THUMBS file & check the settings box DO NOT CACHE THUMBNAILS would work but it's still showing the pictures.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Are you looking to create a parent folder, right click it, click properties, customize, choose picture, tick apply this template to all sub folders, click apply

Each new folder you create within this folder should then have the same picture on it

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Basically I want the folders with existing images to be reset to the default folder. I know about the whole PROPERTIES/CUSTOMIZE option but I don't know how to get it to show no picture. I've included a screenshot. The DELL folder is an example of one I'd want to show like the rest.

Of course click the picture for a larger shot. Hah.

Posted Image

I know this is such a pety issue but it's just something I'd like to do if possible. I just like to have a clean looking computer & setup & such.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
That should be tools, folder options, reset all folders and restore defaults on all the tabs, clicking apply on each tab

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
I tried that as well. No luck. Guess it's not possible :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Right click one of the folders, click properties, customize, change icon, if restore default is not an option, part two of this should help

http://support.micro...kb/310192/en-us

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Sweet it worked. For the most part. I was trying to change the WINDOWS folder & it doesn't give me the same option as regular folders. Same with the SYSTEM32 subfolder.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
So they all change with the exception of those two?

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Yeah. If you do the whole PROPERTIES thing you'll see that it has a different set of options than most other folders. Doesn't include the CUSTOMIZE tab.

Stevvvvvvve

Stevvvvvvve

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
It's all good though. I'm satisfied with what you've helped me with to this point. Thanks a lot man.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It did that on mine, but no idea why, or why it stopped doing it, maybe if you click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file click delete, run disc clean up and reboot

Will have a look for something