Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cannot write the CD

• Please log in to reply

den01

den01

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi,

I have tried to send some data on CD but for some reason it doesn’t work.

All steps are as usual: data send to CD, than press for “write to CD”, everything starts when I place the CD in the CD-RW drive, and after a minute or so (drive no flushes the light at all) I have the message that its not possible to write the CD.

On this comp im writing for years, so I am not quite sure why problem now. For the info, my XP is up to date, all utilities are up to date (and with any malware) and there is no any problem with hardware that im aware of.

Any suggestions? Thank you for the help.

Den

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
cd-writers do die...the laser simply burns itself out

sometimes, you get a bad batch of CDs---try a different brand...

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Hi Gerryf,

I thought so. Well it seems that I have either switch the CD-RW beetwin the comp’s, or I have to buy new one. ?^$@?>^&* - but that’s the life.

Thank you.

Regards,

Den

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I think I would slide another cd-rw in the bad pc as a test, to make certain it is not a deep, underlying windows issue first.

Concurrently, try a new batch of CDs

I have bought a 50 pack cdr and had 40 of them not work in the past.

den01

den01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thanks.

I'll try that first.

Den

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Is there any recourse for replacement when there are so many "bad" cd's and/or floppies? Sorry to butt in.