Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My screen turns to geen

• Please log in to reply

Tomyxo

Tomyxo

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi I have Notebook ASUS W2V and some weeks ago it has started. Sometimes when I turn on my laptop the screen turns to green, not all just horizontal strips so u can see but on some places there are strips and on the start screen (the black one when windows booting) all screen and some colours are replaced with pink and randomly from basic 16 colours. and when widnows fully loaded and start working after few minutes everything turns to normal cant understend whats going on. :whistling:
Thanx for your help.

Advertisements

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Do you have integrated video?

Tomyxo

Tomyxo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yes I do there is integrated tv card an ATI x 700 graphic card

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
If your graphiocs are integrated...I would say that you have a bad motherboard on your hands. Does ASUS have any diagnostics tests built in so you can test your system board?

Tomyxo

Tomyxo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I dont remember I got any... do u know some good tools?
Maybe it has something to do with... once I unpluged batery and after work didnt switch laptop properly with buton but unpluged from source... next time I switched it on system was loading about one hour after I had to restart explorer and worked fine. And next switching on or maybe the one after I sow the green screen maybe I can send u picture How it looks like.

Tomyxo

Tomyxo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
BTW the TV and graphic are not integrated I mean not on board
Graphic is PCI Xpres and TV card is pci
strange is that this [bleep] happen just maybe every cca 8th switching on.
I am afraiding it has something to do with source

crouchij

crouchij

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Since your video card isn't on board then I would definitely say that the problem is in your video card. I would contact ASUS with the problem. I am pretty sure there is nothing that you can do except get an RMA. Let me know what ASUS says.

Edited by crouchij, 21 April 2006 - 02:48 PM.